Vol 3 No 1 (2019)
University of Chitral Journal of Sociology (UOCHJS) has been launched under the umbrella of the University of Chitral, Chitral, Pakistan. UOCHJS aims include:
- Aims in particular to promote research activities carried out by the University of Chitral such as:
- Providing an opportunity to students of University of Chitral to publish their research work
- To explore the socio-economic structure of Chitrali society
- To explore the various traits, dimensions, and uniqueness of Chitrali social structure and culture
- To provide an impetus to the culture of research in the University of Chitral
- General aims:
- Publishing research work of M.Phil and Ph.D. scholars in social sciences in Pakistan.
- Providing an impetus to social research in Pakistan.
- Identification, exploration, and description of various social problems prevailing in Pakistani society.
- Publishing research work of foreign scholars to promote the culture of research in Pakistan.
The scope of the journal is:
- Publishing research with specific reference to the Chitrali society
- Publishing research with regard to social structure e.g. research related to family, religion, culture, education, political structure, economic structure, socialization, personality development, social changes, development, social interaction, social problems etc.